A couple of weeks ago, Lifehacker.com asked its readers, “What’s the Best Language Learning Tool?”
That’s a pretty open-ended question. With options ranging from formal classes to self-study books to language packages like Rosetta Stone to communities like Livemocha to helper apps like Anki, the choices are pretty limitless.
However, Lifehacker’s poll resulted in a clear favorite. Here are the top 5:
- Duolingo – 58% – Learn a new language while translating sites on the web
- Anki – 13% – Flashcard-based app that uses spaced repetition to facilitate memorization
- Pimsleur Method – 13% – Audio-based program focusing on speaking and sound exercises
- Livemocha – 8% – Language-learning community including interaction with native speakers
- Memrise – 8% – Spaced-repetition-based system to learn languages (, history, science, and trivia) in a game-based system
For more info about Lifehacker’s poll, you can read the full article here.